Quanta Flame 5004-M-78 Replacemement Flame Safeguard Controller
The 5004-M-78 Flame Safeguard Replacement Chassis consists of the electronics of the 5004-M-85 flame safeguard controller, designed to mount into an existing Q7800A1005, Q7800B1003, or CB 780 (833-2725) wiring sub base. It is a direct replacement for most RM7800E, RM7800L, and CB780 flame safeguard controllers.
The 5004-M-78 Flame Safeguard Replacement Chassis is specially designed to mount into existing Q7800A1005, Q7800B1003, or CB 780 (833-2725) wiring sub bases. It is a direct replacement for most RM7800E, RM7800L, and CB780 flame safeguard controllers. As with the 5004-M-85, the flame amplifier, through a jumper selection can accept UV, IR, or Flame Rod inputs. Purge timing, PTFI timing, and other control functions are determined by DIP switch selection.
Note: The 5004-M-78 includes, and replaces the programmer, display module, flame amplifier, and purge timer of the existing system.
- Interfaces to Infrared, Ultraviolet, Ultraviolet Self Check or Flame Rod Sensors
- Single or Dual Flame Sensors
- Optional Remote Display (5004-216RN)
Our 5004-M-78 replaces an existing:
- Control chassis
- Display module
- Purge timer
- Flame amplifier
As with the 5004-M-85, the flame amplifier inputs are universal. Purge timing, PTFI timing, and other control functions are determined by DIP switch selection.
Enclosure: 7” L x 5” W x 2” D
Weight: 2 lbs
Operating Temperature: -40° F to +140° F (-40° C to +60° C), UV scanners -20° C to 60° C, IR scanner -30° C to 65° C
Voltage: 120 VAC +10% - 15%, 50/60 Hz
Power Consumption: 2 VA
Flame Failure Response Time: 2.5 to 3.5 seconds
Purge Time: 30, 60, 90, 150, 180, 300, 450, or 900 seconds (DIP switch selectable)
Pilot Trial for Ignition Time: 3, 5, or 10 seconds (DIP switch selectable)
Flame Sensor Inputs (2): Infrared, Ultraviolet, Flame Rod
Configuration of the controller is done by setting the DIP switches located under the LCD display.
DIP switch 1 sets the power-up response of the controller.
DIP switches 2 through 4 set the purge timing.
DIP switches 5 and 6 set the desired Pilot Trial for Ignition (PTFI) time.
DIP switch 7 activates the Limits Bypassed check. When DIP switch 7 is ON, the controller waits up to 60 seconds for the Limits Made input to de-energize. After 60 seconds the control will lockout. When DIP switch 7 is OFF, the control will continue into Purge even if the Limits Made input is energized when the Start input is energized.
DIP switch 8 is used for configuring Modbus. During normal operation, DIP Switch 8 MUST be OFF.
Note: After 4 hours of continuous operation, ALL current DIP switch settings will be recorded in non-volatile memory. Subsequent DIP switch changes will be ignored.
DOCUMENTS & DOWNLOADS
|5004-M-78 Replacement Flame Safeguard Controller Manual|
- 5004-04FS Multifunctional Tester
- Quanta Flame 5004 Panel Display
- Quanta Flame 5004-01 UV Scanner
- Quanta Flame 5004-795 Flame Safeguard Controller
- Quanta Flame 5004-890 Flame Safeguard Controller
- Quanta Flame 5004-M Flame Safeguard Controller
- Quanta Flame 5004-M-110 Flame Safeguard Controller
- Quanta Flame 5004-M-85 Flame Safeguard Controller
- Quanta Flame Series 5002-01 Self Checking UV Scanner
- Quanta Flame Series 5002-01NC UV Scanner
- Quanta Max Multiple Burner Flame Input Module
- Quanta-M Universal Tester Kit